Saturday, June 26, 2010

"It's SHOWTIME!!!" -Beetlejuice



"It's SHOWTIME!!!!" -by Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlej-


Welcome Everybody!!! I am so super excited about the challenges posed this week by both The Burtonesque Dolls and by Oh, Alice!!! I have always loved the cutesy, somewhat creepy quirkiness of Tim Burton's characters. And of course, who doesn't love a little sparkle on top of all that is strange?! I know I do.

The Burtonesque Doll Challenge: Create a tag which is inspired by the film Beetlejuice.
http://theburtonesquedolls.blogspot.com

The Oh, Alice! Challenge: Add some twinkling, glitter or sparkle to your stamping sensation.
http://aliceinwonderlandchallenge.blogspot.com

STAMPS: Mr. Stripes by Stampotique/Happy Couple by Tiddly Inks (a digi)
PAPER: Stamped on Neenah/purple cardstock/Le Creme matstack by DCWV
INK: Dusty Concord Distress Ink/black memories
COPICS: Dress=r17/r35/r39/rv09. Her Hair=c7/c5/c9. Skin: e00/e13/e31/ro2 (he is mostly roo). Veil: bg10/bg000. His suit: c9/bg000
BLING: Diamond & Gold Stickles/red & black hand-stitched thread/jewels by hero arts "pearls & gems"/flower & brad/Tim Holtz Alterations "Caged Bird" Bigz Die/Deep Plum Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
WHAT THE GREEN IS: It's plastic I painted bright green before using the Caged Bird die to sizzix it.

Now for some Tim Burton stories: When I was 19 I wrote him a letter telling him he should put me in his films. I have yet to hear back from him. I'm sure he just hasn't gotten around to it yet... :-D And one more Burton story: One of my father figures designed these really wonderful greeting cards in the 90's. Tim Burton actually contacted him, (this was my mom's boyfriend), INVITED him to HIS OFFICE, showed him drawings of his characters (which had yet to be made and shared with the public). Tim Burton wanted him to use his characters to make a line of greeting cards. Unfortunately, the money behind the card operation said "no" :( Sad face. SO CLOSE....but so far away. Oh Tim Burton, one of these days...P.S. my new crush is the man judge with the hair on Last Comic Standing (an American tv show). And that concludes the TMI session of this post.

Ok back to the craftiness, THANK YOU BURTONESQUE DOLLS for existing!!! I feel I have found another crafty blog home:) And OH, ALICE! and STAMPOTIQUE. And now, TIDDLY INKS! I just found out about you yesterday and look! I got me a "happy couple"

Thank You, Goodnight!

~Buttercup


5 comments:

  1. wow FANTASTIC TAG !!! i LOVE it! i love looking at what you create its awesome oh and i love the way you have colored the boys clothes..I love the green ok I just love every detail.

    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice! I love all the layers and the irregular shape! The background pattern, the bird cage, the SPIDER - It's all GREAT! The colors are fabulous too, and I can almost hear Harry Belafonte singing Day-O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag! So Bettlejuice! Thanks for joining us this week at The Burtonesque Dolls!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag rocks! Love purple and lime together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable fabulous tag! Love your Tiddly Inks AND Stampotique stamps! Great colors and design. I LOVE IT! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! TYVM <3