Monday, January 26, 2015

Heart Pocket with Cheeky Chat!



Call me a Drag Queen and I'll take it as a compliment!  I adore Drag Queens, especially the girls who rock the animal print, glitter, heart shapes and oversized flowers ALL AT ONCE!  YASS!  You can say this card is somewhat Drag inspired! ;)

First of all, I found the "Pattern for Heart Pocket" in a Trading Cards Techniques & ATC's book 03382 by Suzanne McNeill and just HAD to try it!  Since high school I have loved book making and this pattern brought me back to the good 'ol days in my Art class, where we got to create our own book patterns.  I made one with a handle, and I still have it!  Books are an art in and of themselves.




Each Side of the Heart Pocket/Envelope

The heart shape I used is from the Fiskars Shape Template Hearts-1 Victorian Border.  I used the 3.50" heart by tracing it with a pencil and then cutting it out with an x-acto knife.

If you wanted to add embellishments, it would be a good idea to do so before you glue the front and back together.  I did not.  I folded, glued and then decorated.  It worked out ok but take the liberty, while it is all flat and open to work it!

I made the entire card to be a standard 4"x 5.5" card size.

Empty Envelope

Next, I slipped the blank black card in, saw where the window was, and glued the heart I had already cut out nicely through the window, using the opposite side of the heart (zebra pattern) onto the black removable card!  The paper I used (by Teresa Collins) was double sided, which made the zebra really pop with the solid pink!

I used a small circle punch for the thumb grab near the top, front, center.

Card half-way in


Once the envelope and card were pretty much made, I stamped and embellished as usual with one of my favorite Greeting Card Rubber Stamps:  Cheeky Chat!!!

Heart Pocket & Card


Materials Used:
Rubber Stamp: Cheeky Chat by The Greeting Farm
Clear Stamp: "You Rock" from idk but I did get it from Michael's
"Hi Gurl!" from Stampabilities Vintage Type Alphabet, Uppercase Set
Stickles: Diamond, Silver & Coffee Ice
Distress Ink: Broken China & Peacock Feathers (on "Hi Gurl!")
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Die
scrap black ribbon
black pen
grunge board detail on bottom, left corner
washi tape along the bottom

Copics Used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R20, RV00
Pants: R20, R85, RV93, E93, BV11, R81
Top: E51, E11
Belt & Shoes: 100, C5, C2
Hair: Browns and then I decided to cover it all in reds 
E59, E35, E37, E47, R29, RV09, RV91
Phone: EG000, BG02, BG10
Hair clips: RV00, R20, R85, RV93


I hope you enjoy this mini tutorial!!! :D  It is fun to venture out and use a new template for card making!  It may take a little more time but boy it can be a lot more FUN! And Cheeky! ;)

This card is being entered in the Simon Says Challenge "Have a Heart" which is to make something Heart inspired!  This card is also inspired by The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge which is to "Get Wordy"!


Simon Says "Have a Heart" Challenge Details are here.
Greeting Farm "Get Wordy" Challenge Details are here

Thank You so much for checking in!  I hope you are inspired to make a Dragged out, fun card or project you enjoy!

Love,

Buttercup :) xoxo

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! this is awesome! love the little pocket you created and your coloring on the image is fabulous :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! TYVM <3